The Big Orange Owner/Operators

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Big Orange Owner/Operators

A forum for The Big Orange owner/operators to discuss their business's and share/exchange ideas.

2 posters

Hi From Mississippi

Marti
    Marti

Hi From Mississippi Empty Hi From Mississippi

Post  Marti Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:15 am

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. We started out business in the fall of 2007. Was supposed to be part time for both hubby and myself then in December low and behold I lost my job because the company closed down. I was not having any luck finding a new one quickly so Hubby suggested to try the home business full time. It was slow and I did a lot of cold calling ( got a great deduction on taxes because I kept a mileage log). In December of 2008 Steve's company did another layoff and he was eligable for retirement so he took it and ran. I ended up taking my Social Security early and retired. Since then we have worked the business together. It is slowly growing and has taken time to build a small customer base. Our company has ended up being just what we wanted....Something to do in retirement to keep us busy. Hopefully soon it will supplement our retirement income. We are having fun with it and meeting new people in our community. I am glad to have this forum available to us. Don't get me wrong PAP is great to have PAPtech etc and I will still use it a lot as well as the Big Orange. After we are the orange family.
    Marti
    Around Tuit Promotions
    GreenBarnPromotions
    GreenBarnPromotions

Hi From Mississippi Empty Re: Hi From Mississippi

Post  GreenBarnPromotions Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Hey Marti,

Glad to have a "Veteran" joining the forum!

Sounds like you guys have had a bit of an adventure in how and when to grow your business. I guess is like they say, when life throws you some lemons, you might as well make lemonade. Smile

I look forward to hearing from you and your husband, and how you are able to grow your business.

As we grow this site, please feel free to post your questions/comments both here and on paptech. That will ensure that you get maximum exposure to your posts, as well as ensuring that we grow our knowlege base here on "The Big Orange".

Have a great day!

Josh Smith
    GreenBarn Promotions

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:34 am