The Big Orange Owner/Operators

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Big Orange Owner/Operators

A forum for The Big Orange owner/operators to discuss their business's and share/exchange ideas.

Determining Stitch Count

Admin
    Admin

Determining Stitch Count Empty Determining Stitch Count

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Can anyone steer me in the direction on how to find a stitch count?

Thanks,

Tim Tweet, Owner
    Tweet Promotional Impressions
    Admin
    Admin

Determining Stitch Count Empty Re: Determining Stitch Count

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:43 pm

If the graphic is already digitized, the 'run sheet' will tell you the stitch count. If you need to estimate it, psp Fast Embroidery Tapes has a stitch count estimator that you can download and print. Print the pages onto clear overhead projector film- that way you can put the grid right over the printout of the image.

If you are not experienced with this, it is a good idea to send the image to a digitizer (Fast Embroidery Tapes, Volant, Artwork Source) and ask for a stitch count estimate. They will usually do it for free, because they want you to come back to them for the digitizing (which you should do, since they did the work.) Fast Tapes gives you one or two free estimates, then, every time you have them actually digitize a job for you, you 'earn' another free estimate.

Anyway, what I did was calculate my own stitch count using the Fast Tapes tool and compare my work with what the pros would estimate, until I got a feel for how to get it right. (I also watched to see how close to reality the estimates were to the real count after digitizing. I must say, Volant is very accurate with their estimates...)

Hope this helps!

-- Heidi

Heidi Schulze
    Upward Promotions
    heidi@upwardpromotions.com
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:43 pm

www.Artworksource.com is doing free quotes for now. Just send them the artwork and they will tell you stitch count.

Tricia
    Logo2go
    Bellflower, Ca
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:44 pm

If you are not doing the embroidery, I'd check with who is. I found it can vary as my new embroidery girl adds stitches to make the piece look better. She is actually cheaper and easier to deal with than the previous person I had.

My .02,
    Mark

I honestly believe that advertising is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
    Jerry Della Femina

I'll make you FAMOUS!
    Mark Gomez 559-259-3188
    Carolyn Gomez 559-285-7394
    No Limits Printing, Fresno, CA

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:10 pm