The Big Orange Owner/Operators

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Big Orange Owner/Operators

A forum for The Big Orange owner/operators to discuss their business's and share/exchange ideas.

2 posters

Introductions from Rivera Ink

Rivera Ink

Introductions from Rivera Ink Empty Introductions from Rivera Ink

Post  Rivera Ink Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Hello All,

This is such a great forum for us to have...thank you so much for setting this up! Well I too got started with Press-A-Print in November 2008 (same class as Josh). It started as a part time business for me and since then (and partly thanks to the economy because I was layed off of my full time job) I have been thrown into my business full-time. We are family owned and my parents run an office in Sacramento while I run the office in Los Angeles, California. We started with the package including the screen printer, vinyl cutter and pad printer, all of which is located in the Sacramento office, but seem to outsource more orders then we print ourselves. We have also included a new addition to our business to allow all of our customers a way of keeping in contact with their clients. Through Send Out Cards we are able to create customized greeting cards for every occassion and send quick, affordable, and quality cards to thank people for orders, say it was nice to meet you, or to introduce our company. It has been great and generated a new revenue stream for us as well. For anyone interested visit our website at www.riveraink.com and click on greeting cards or you can go to www.sendoutcards.com/riveraink

We are still fairly new to the business but willing to help in any way possible so just give us a ring if you have any questions.

Leilani Rivera
    Rivera Ink
    (310) 754-9194
    info@riveraink.com
    GreenBarnPromotions
    GreenBarnPromotions

Introductions from Rivera Ink Empty Re: Introductions from Rivera Ink

Post  GreenBarnPromotions Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:57 am

Hey Leilani,

Thanks for joining...hopefully we'll be able to get a bunch more of us over here over the next couple weeks.

Sorry to hear about your lay-off, sounds like you got the "baptism by fire" treatment on getting into the industry. Like you, we don't really use our the equipment we purchased very much. We too mainly outsource our orders. However, with the addition of the Direct to Garment printer, I am printing alot more now. With the DTG, there's no setup/cleanup or getting ink all over yourself. Smile You just setup your artwork in Corel and press "print", it's pretty slick.

I checked out the website you referenced, sendoutcards.com. Sounds interesting. How have you been marketing it, and has it been lucrative? Worthwhile from a return on your time investment standpoint?

Josh

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:25 am